ANNUAL ANNIVERSARY SERVICE
SUNDAY, AUGUST 1ST, 2021
Guest Preacher: Rev. Dr Michael Brooks, Port Nelson United Church
Featuring Pianist Linda Hawkins and Violinist Norma Morrison
Attendance will follow the safest protocols at the time of the event. Seating will be available inside and outside. Some folding chairs will be available however, if you are able, we suggest you bring a comfortable lawn chair.
The joys of live music returns to Leith
The Leith Summer Festival will return in a limited way with two special performances.
Sunday August 15th @ 3:00 PM
The Cheng2 Duo (https://www.cheng2duo.com/)
Sunday September 5th @ 3:00 PM
The Penderecki String Quartet (https://www.ps4.ca/current-season)
Each performance will be an hour in length with no intermission.
How to order tickets ($35) for these performances:
1. By e-transfer from your bank to: firstname.lastname@example.org In memo section list your email address and the name of each attendee. Your receipt will be your ticket.
2. Mail cheque to Leith Summer Festival, 419134 Tom Thomson Lane, Leith, ON N0H1V0. Include name and phone number for each attendee for admission at the gate.
- Due to current covid restrictions, tickets must be purchased in advance as there will be no ticket sales at the door
- Please note that seating limitations are still in effect and we will be following the safest protocols at the time of each event. Initially, concerts will be limited to donors. We will offer indoor and outdoor seating. Audio & video will be projected for the best concert experience.
- Tickets for these events are limited and inside seating will be available on a first come first serve basis only.
LEITH SUMMER FESTIVAL DONATIONS ~ 2020 -2021
The LSF thanks the following for their generous contributions and support toward the maintenance and upkeep of Historic Leith Church during the year of the corona virus when all concerts and events were cancelled:
Tom Thomson Circle – Donations $1,000 and up
Savvas and Christine Chamberlain
Canadian Tire, Owen Sound: Tony and Diana Ersser
The Betty and Joe Gray Family Foundation
The Rev. Alexander Hunter Circle ($500 – 999)
Katharine Lochnan, in memory of Jocelyn Graham and Jim McArthur
Gordon and Donna Phillips
Adam Ainslie Circle ($0-499)
Nancy Campbell, in memory of Ian C. Campbell
Mary and Murray Hall
Mary and Bruce Hutchinson
Susan and Ian McKearnen
Henrik and Charlotte Noesgaard
Sharon and David Turner
Interested In Learning More About Our Community?
Since its formal inception Historic Leith Church has been a centre of our communities ministry on the southern shore of Owen Sound Bay. To learn more about our fascinating church, community, and history, visit the page below.
Limited Events in 2021
"Tom Thomson Ceilidh" on July 24th 7pm had to be cancelled due to inclement weather. It will not be possible to re-schedule this event - but it WILL return in the summer of 2022. Arrangements have been made to refund money to the ticket-holders Date: TBA Time: 7:00 PM...read more
Annual Outdoor Country Market - CANCELLED FOR 2021read more
155th Anniversary Church Service - AUGUST 1st, 2021 , 11:00 AM Guest Minister: Rev. Dr. Michael Brooks This service celebrates the formation of the Friends of Leith Church, the restored Leith United Church building, and its establishment as a Church of...read more
Date: No December service in 2021 Time: Historic Leith Church Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols Join us in the lamp-lit beauty and warmth of Leith's "Auld Kirk" to hear again the story of the birth of Christ in word and song. The lessons will be read by members of...read more